Saturday, January 24, 2009

Reflecting

This week went by in such a blur. I had a wonderful inauguration day, as I am sure most of the country did. One of my favorite lines from his speech was in regards to hostile countries. I can still hear the words echoing in my head, "We will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist." I even quoted him a few nights ago when my dad and sister were having a big argument. It's interesting to see what lines stuck with people, and I think it says a bit about who we are. There was my favorite line, about resolving conflict and building bridges. Here are two of my friend's favorite lines:

Worldy Mili, who has lived in and traveled to more countries than I can keep track of: "Our patchwork heritage is a strength..."

Practical Jane, who is studying for her Ph.D. in psychology at Brandeis: "We will restore science to its rightful place."

What was your favorite line? I'd love to hear about it.

No comments: