Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Another Hestia

After I wrote the pattern for Hestia and knit my original sample in tosh sock, I decided to test out another yarn, Malabrigo Sock.  I intended to use my sister Sarah as a model for this pattern, so I knit a smaller size than the one I would want for myself.  However, Sarah went to Ireland in August and hasn't come home yet.  I decided to put on the sweater I knit for her, and even though it's kind of too small, I still enjoyed wearing it.  If I lose a few more pounds, this sweater will permanently become mine.  Sorry, Sarah!


Pattern:  Hestia by Jacquelyn Ridzy (me!)
Yarn:  Malabrigo Sock in Impressionist Sky
Needles:  US 6

While Malabrigo Sock does create a very soft, light fabric, I think I prefer a slightly thicker yarn like tosh sock for this pattern.

If you have knit this pattern, I'd love to feature you on my blog!  Email me photos and tell me about the yarn you used.  I'll feature you in a special blog post!

No comments: