Monday, November 8, 2010

New Pattern: Hestia

The idea for this design was born nearly a year ago when my LYS Angelfire Studios received its first shipment of Madelinetosh tosh sock.  I was completely taken by the colorway Turquoise (shown above) and I knew I had to make it into a cozy flyaway cardigan to show off the tonal variegation of the yarn, keep me warm but not boiling, and add another gorgeous layer that will work with almost any outfit.  I couldn't find a pattern for what I wanted, so I set off to write my own.  After a lot of ripping, reknitting, testing, and perfecting, I have a garment and pattern that I am proud to share.

 Hestia can be worn so many different ways:  open, belted, pinned, tied...your imagination is the limit.  I've worn mine so many times since I finished knitting it nearly 3 months ago.  It has quickly become my favorite cardigan.

Hestia is for sale on ravelry.com.

Materials: 3 (4, 4, 4, 5) skeins of Madelinetosh tosh sock or 1100 (1250, 1380, 1500, 1700) yards of fingering weight yarn
US 6 40” or longer circular needle or size needed to obtain gauge

US 5 circular needle or double pointed needles or needles one or two sizes smaller than those needed to obtain gauge
US 6 double pointed needles
2 stitch markers (at least one should be removable)

Gauge: 5 stitches and 7 rows per inch in blocked stockinette stitch using larger needles
Sizes: XS (S, M, L, XL) with a measurement of 12 (13, 14, 15, 16) inch back width (between armhole seams).






No comments: