Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Whole30 Day 2

Back to my routine today!  Today's success was largely due to lots of meal prep.


I did not sleep well last night--at all.  I think this was probably more anxiety than anything diet-related, although as I was trying to relax I did feel hungry.  The sleep I got was restless and I didn't get out of bed early enough to work out, but I did leave for work on time.  I was apprehensive about the 3 meal, no snack model. I am usually starving at 10 and 3, ready for my snack!  I made my breakfast and lunch a little bigger than I thought they needed to be to keep between-meal hunger at bay.

What I ate:
Meal 1:  banana, bulletproof coffee, 4 baked eggs with 1/2 serving of ham, grape tomatoes, spinach

Meal 2:  more of last night's salmon with chimichurri but over about 3/4 cup of plain zoodles this time. About 1/2 cup roasted sweet potato and 1/3 cup cooked beets. 1 mason jar salad of tomato, bell pepper, celery, and baby spinach dressed with olive oil and lemon juice.  Finally, 3/4 cup of double celery soup (roasted celery root and celery blended with homemade turkey stock) Told ya I made meals 1 and 2 on the large side!  It took me 45 full minutes to eat all of my lunch, but I still didn't feel stuffed.  Win!  Salad only pictured:



Meal 2.5: 1/2 cup baked egg whites with ham, grape tomatoes, and spinach.  10 baby carrots.  I intended to eat a serving of avocado with this but it tasted off so I skipped it

Meal 3:  1 cup zoodles, 1 serving pot roast (recipe from One Pot book by Martha Stewart), green beans with homemade bacon fat/whole grain mustard dressing



Evening: 1 cup Natural Calm (1/2 tsp), 1 cup Chamomile w/ Lavender tea

Thoughts: I did 30 minutes of Turbofire in between Meal 2.5 and 3, and I was starving before eating each of these times.  I was still hungry after dinner so I think I need to add more protein or fat to my meals.  I made a ground beef stir fry to eat tomorrow night, and I snuck a few tastes of that.  I can't wait to eat it for a meal!

No comments: