Friday, June 12, 2009

Flewn

It is hard to believe that nearly 6 weeks have gone by since my last post. I have been keeping myself very busy with knitting, work, and some new friends and time has just flown. It brings to mind a quote I recently read in one of my sock groups on ravelry:

How did it get so late so soon? 
It's night before it’s afternoon. 
December is here before it’s June. 
My goodness how the time has flewn. 
How did it get so late so soon? - Dr. Seuss

I don't have socks to share today, but I do have some other gorgeous FOs to show you. These shawls and shrugs are just the thing to keep my shoulders warm in over air conditioned buildings or cover up the decollete created by my summer tank tops.

Here is my Whisper Cardigan, which I whipped up in about 3 weeks of on and off knitting so I could wear it at this year's NJALA conference this week. It was so warm in the conference center, I couldn't wear it at all! I know this sweater will get plenty of play this summer.

120_0482

120_0491

Yarn is Malabrigo Lace in Butter

These photos are pretty bad, but I was very anxious to share this finished knit with the web, almost as anxious as I was to wear it. That is probably why you may notice that I made this cardigan a big shorter than some other people. The whispery little tails are almost invisible from the front thanks to my chest, but I'm still very happy with the sweater overall. I think the flowy, cropped back actually lengthens and whittles my busty, boxy figure. I can't wait to make another in a dark color!

Here are my second and third
Ishbel shawls.

120_0450

120_0453

The multicolor one (Malabrigo Lace in Azalea) is mine and the solid gold one (Claudia Handpainted Yarns Silk Lace in Honey) is my coworker Maria's. Both are modeled here by my sister, whose long, lean physique looks good in everything. See how much better I am at photographing other people? I suppose our backyard is a far better setting than the library's staff bathroom!

Hopefully I will have more finished knits to show you before even more time has "flewn" by.

No comments: